Monday 4 May 2009

Filming at Night

I would be filming the second half of my film at night mainly in the woods so a lack of light and equipment was a problem for me. I looked into how The Blair Witch project was filmed as this managed to create fear, mainly with the audio but the visual worked well too. The second half of my sound track has been made to create more tension than in the first half. The Blair Witch project used night vision, taken from the web page http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/gadgets/other-gadgets/nightvision.htm, I found this "Thermal imaging - This technology operates by capturing the upper portion of the infrared light spectrum, which is emitted as heat by objects instead of simply reflected as light. Hotter objects, such as warm bodies, emit more of this light than cooler objects like trees or buildings". So this is how it works, some bits use night vision other bits use a dim torch so you can't really see where she is going and creating tension and fear. Hopefully people won't remember the Paris Hilton Tape when watching this...

No comments:

Post a Comment